Editor’s note: As a result of my accessibility first policy, this post has been revised to be accessible to all audience members. It is a work in progress and will continue to be until I have covered all accessible bases.
In the spirit of transparency, I am presenting you with my usual monthly report highlighting my social growth. I started tracking my social growth across 7 of the most popular social networks which began in February 2016 with a grand total of 114 connections.
Let’s take a look and see how I fared during the month of June 2016.
New and total connections
- Facebook – 0 new connections, a total of 4 connections
- Google Plus – 0 new connections, a total of 11 connections
- Instagram – 20 new connections, a total of 111 connections
- LinkedIn – 8 new connections, a total of 61 connections
- Pinterest – 54 new connections, a total of 138 connections
- Twitter – 863 new connections, a total of 1264 connections
- YouTube – zero change, a total of 1 connection
May saw a total of 950 new connections across 7 social networks bringing the total number of connections to 1,590 connections.
By no means am I a hot potato compared to some of the legendary social accounts with millions of connections per network.
What was surprising to see was the amount of growth due to various Twitter growth hacking strategies I discovered in my research. My Twitter connection grew by at least 200 percent for the second straight month.
What to Expect in June
It will be interesting to see if I can extend the 200 percent monthly growth for a third month on Twitter. To be honest with you, I do not think it will be possible due to various commitments for the month of June.